Tuesday, February 12, 2008
And fed it to the hungry fires of tribulation.
Long after, when the fires had died,
Molten gold gleamed in the ashes.
He gathered it in bruised palms
And handed it to his children
And his children's children forever.
~(based on a poem by Vilate C. Raile)
Friday, October 12, 2007
Then walks with us silently out of the night.
These are the words we dimly hear:
You, sent out beyond your recall,
Go to the limits of your longing.
Flare up like flame
And make big shadows that I can move in.
Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
Just keep going. No feeling is final.
Don’t let yourself lose me.
Nearby is the country we call life.
You will know it by its seriousness.
Give me your hand.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Injuries I've had:
1. Broken leg (skiing)
2. Fractured skull and concussion (Kinley)
3. Coconut rings (see the video at 2b1walker.blogspot.com)
4. Various muscle & tendon pulls from running
Friday, September 28, 2007
Okay, I'll invite myself to play with the sisters.
Jobs I've held: (Before I read this list I thought I hadn't had that many different jobs...)
1. Newspaper delivery boy
2. Newspaper subscription saleskid
3. Standard Office Supply Delivery Boy
4. Stardard Office Furniture Delivery Boy
5. Standard Office Saturday Store Clerk
6. Teacher's Assistant Oakridge School for the Handicapped
7. Night Stocker ToysRus
8. Pressman Offset Club
9. Salesperson Offset Club
10. Salesperson excelgraphics
11. Salesperson Rocky Mountain Printing
Movies I can watch over and over:
1. Lord of the Rings (Any of them - prefferably extended versions)
2. Oh Brother Where Art Thou
3. Tommy Boy
4. Most of the Pixar & Dreamworks films
5. High School Musical (1&2)
Just kidding about High School Musical, I meant to add that to a list of movies I can't watch over and over.
Places I have lived:
1. Sandy, Utah
2. Provo, Utah
3. Irwin, Idaho
4. France & Belgium, various cities
5. Alpine, Utah
6. Lindon, Utah
7. Saratoga Springs, Utah
8. State of Insanity
Shows I Enjoy:
1. ESPN SportsCenter
2. Any Football Game
3. Any PGA Golf Tournament
4. About any sporting event
5. AFV with the kids
6. Extreme Makeover Home Edition
7. Spongebob (so sue me)
8. That's so Raven, Suite Life, Hannah Montana - oh wait, these need to be part of the same list with High School Musical (1&2), probably something titled "shows I hate but end up seeing over and over again" or "better than ipecac syrup."
Places I have been on Vacation:
1. Swan Valley, Idaho
2. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
4. Cruise to Mexico
5. Vail, CO
6. Anaheim, CA (DisneyLand)
7. San Diego, CA
8. Norther CA (Redwoods, San fransisco, Sacramento etc.)
9. Lots of places in UT
2. Bangkok Grill - anything
4. Blahblahdoblah from Bombay House (indian food and I don't remember how to say it - ask Dal what it is).
5. The molten chocolate cake from Chili's
Websites I visit (almost) daily:
Nicknames I have been called:
· Dirty Kurty
· Koitus (don't ask)
· Fat Head
I tag back all of you to go back and list this:
My Favorite Recreational or Diversionary Activities (not the same as exclusively athletic activities) i.e - hobbyish things:
· Rock Climbing
· BYU Football Games
· Board Games (especially German board games)
· Video Games
· Anything really with Nan & the kids
Monday, September 24, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
-American Boston Marathon winner, Olympian & running legend John Kelley at his 2002 induction into the National Distance Running Hall of Fame.